Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Back

    Hello again students and parents.  After taking some extended family leave, I am back in the new year ready to return to a more normal routine.  Many thanks to all of you for your patience, understanding and words of kindness.  My wife is doing much better, although the doctor said that it could take some time for her body to fully heal.  She is now able to do much more around the house, so I am able to get back to doing what I love, which is teaching students here at SMS. 

    I would also like to extend my appreciation to Mr. Olson, who filled in for me while I was gone.  He and I spoke every night and I felt comfortable in his knowledge and abilities, and most importantly, in his way of interacting with the students.  It made being gone less stressful knowing that he was taking care of things in my classroom.

As far as curriculum and grades, I will be working this week to get caught up on grading.  As you can probably imagine, I am a bit behind and feel a little out of touch.  I'll need to spend some time looking at papers and getting a sense for how well the students have been doing.  As always, though, students should be checking their online grades and seeing me at lunch or after school to resolve any issues. 

 

Thanks again, and here's to a new year filled with learning...

 

Mr. Talmadge

No comments: